Corporate Due Diligence and Investigation (CDDI) specializes in eliminating risk by tailoring each investigation to your personal or professional needs. Investigations may include any or even all of the following:
- Pre-transaction due diligence, whether this be a majority or minority share acquisition or simply a deep check on a distributor, independent sales representative, seller or supplier to your business.
- Pre-employment screening at any level.
- Open-source intelligence gathering (OSINT) and fact checking.
- The garnering of human source intelligence commentary (HUMINT).
- Red-flag screening of businesses and persons in the context of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and British Anti-Bribery legislation. This includes the honest evaluation of corruption risks and potential politically exposed persons (PEPs) relevant in the past and present.
- An unparalleled understanding of and the ability to quickly identify scams and the modus operandi of perpetrators in Europe, Central Europe and Russia, as well as experience identifying less obvious but still damaging activities that put you and your business at risk in foreign environs. These range from identifying hidden family networks to IT programmer rings to VAT carousel scams to manufacturing diversion and inventory skimming.
- Liaising with European law enforcement.
- Sting operations and surveillance.
As not only a risk consultancy, but a licensed detective agency, CDDI goes beyond typical consultancy services in that needs ranging from pre-transaction to litigation support to asset searches can be and are conducted thoroughly and within the confines of the law. This not only guarantees court admissibility, but it also ensures that your firm does not fall prey to the trappings of Foreign Corrupt Practice Act or British Anti-Bribery infractions, as could be the case when using typical consultancies, which are often unlicensed even in their own respective countries--and which rely on subcontractors that they conveniently do not control. Key to our activities is continued access to legal expertise not only in the CEE but in the CIS countries, which paradoxically offers unique flexibility and a realistic approach to your specific scenarios or situations.
Regional - and global - presence
The CDDI network is not simply a network, but family. This extends throughout the region, but goes further to enable on-demand approaches beyond the CEE and CIS region to that of the Middle East and Africa. That said, each client and each potential client?whether these located in a CEE core country or in a less (or more) regulated location?is treated on a case-by-case basis in order to ensure that we will in fact not only deliver, but over deliver. This commitment to full and discreet service is what we believe separates us from our competitors on any given mandate.