From Poland to Bulgaria business entities and individuals have seen their rights violated through illegal surveillance, tapping and electronic surveillance by both individuals and illegal actors in state authorities. Typical case scenarios seen by our investigators have included the following:
- Competitors have illegally tapped phone lines, fax lines and computers in order to gain an illegal edge during both state and private tenders.
- Individuals have tapped both phone lines and used viruses to gain computer information in order to subvert the strategy of a major corporation.
- E-mail chains have been broken and altered during transactions in order to cause a client to pay to the wrong vendor.
- Computer and email tapping has taken place to gain background knowledge in order to execute large-scale, social engineering scams that cause a company to make bank transfers in error in excess of EUR 5 mln.
- Private information has been garnered for the purposes of blackmail or even to threaten the abduction of family members to force blackmail payments.
As not only a risk consultancy, but a licensed detective agency, CDDI goes beyond typical consultancy services in that needs ranging from pre-transaction to litigation support to asset searches can be and are conducted thoroughly and within the confines of the law. This not only guarantees court admissibility, but it also ensures that your firm does not fall prey to the trappings of Foreign Corrupt Practice Act or British Anti-Bribery infractions, as could be the case when using typical consultancies, which are often unlicensed even in their own respective countries--and which rely on subcontractors that they conveniently do not control. Key to our activities is continued access to legal expertise not only in the CEE but in the CIS countries, which paradoxically offers unique flexibility and a realistic approach to your specific scenarios or situations.
The Corporate Due Diligence and Investigation (CDDI) core of counter surveillance experts offers bug scans, trainings, computer software upgrades and a wide variety of techniques to prevent any or all of the above. Additionally, our team may be used on an hourly basis in order to jam tapping frequencies in order to keep company or business meetings completely off-line.
Our network extends throughout the region, but goes further to enable on-demand approaches beyond the CEE and CIS region to that of the Middle East and Africa. That said, each client and each potential client whether these located in a CEE core country or in a less (or more) regulated location is treated on a case-by-case basis in order to ensure that we will in fact not only deliver, but over deliver. This commitment to full and discreet service is what we believe separates us from our competitors on any given mandate.